In 1955 a group of young men, after finishing their National Service, had been helping out the rather unsuccessful teams playing for the Congregational Church and Parish Church Youth Club in the Desborough and District League.
They decided to form their own club, and being without home premises, for the first year played all their matches away. They paid a Bob-
After a while, the fund had accumulated £15.95 -
After the Adult School came spells at the Labour Hall on Rushton Road, the Co-
The four young men who were the founders of the club were Tom Tye, Arthur Page, Ken Crick and Clive Cross.
Tom Tye was very much involved with Rothborough as Secretary or Assistant Secretary right up until the 1980s.
Clive Cross was either Secretary or Treasurer, (sometimes both) until 1969 when he became auditor, a position he has held ever since. In 1981 he became President of the club and proudly remains so.
Over the years many people have contributed to the running of the club. Mention must be made of the contributions of Martin Myrick and Ivor Jones to not only the running, but the development of Rothborough.